Saturday, April 18

toghq: extensible open source social networking platform


It was couple of back in January, I decided to write  on the RoR based social networking applications.  And I had taken the widely accepted bunch of apps and made a nice and useful doc out of it here.  I have been getting pretty good response on this post @ Scribd & slideshare.

  To continue with my exploration, from couple of weeks I was playing with toghq.  A beautiful one and easy to extend.  I thought I would share my thoughts on this.  

  The beauty of toghq is in it's extendability and agility.  Tog, contains set of plug-ins that are very easy to integrate and easy to use.  One such plug-in's that impressed me that I would talk today is tog_picto.














top_picto, is the photo management plug-in with tog.  What impressed me is:
1. Easy to manage
2. Photoset creation, manage, delete
3. simple drag drop to create/delete photosets
4. multiple image uploads
5. taggable, commentable, rateable...
6. mulitsized photos

Thanks to Haritha, for her help with screenshots.

No comments: