Thursday, April 20

Forums

At my company, I was given a task of building a feed reader to fetch the updates from the selected websites/url’s in Ruby on Rails framework. After few attempts of building projects in Ruby on Rails, it flashed that I am working on Opensource technology. I then remembered few lines I read about advantages of Opensource - source code open, well documentation, good support … so where do I find these supporting groups/members? It did not take much time to figure out the appropriate one as FORUMS. Without an delay joined the Forum and posted the question, believe it or not within 5 minutes I was mailed the answer I am looking for. I did few changes to the solution as per my requirement. I do not mean that we should fully rely on the forums for every problem we come across, but checking if the problem was already discussed and solved by anyone else, would save lot of time.

For those who are interested in picking up Ruby on Rails follow up this blog:

Ruby on Rails: An extensive roundup of resources, projects, books, links, hosts and more.



Small List of Ruby Forums :
Ruby on Rails Forum

Ruby Forums

Ruby and Ruby on Rails

Sitepoint Ruby Forum

No comments: