many might be already thinking of implementing/doing few of the mentioned points. But how you do it makes you really different, isn't it!
- Register into relevant/interesting groups/forums & be a watchdog there.
- Actively take part in the technical talks/sessions.
- Try to excel in particular concept and be ready to show your capability. (When u r ready, opportunities sure to come!)
- Keep shouting/discussing at community groups/forums.
- Be attentive and ready to extend your hands to the people with doubts.
- Show you professionalism.
- Start socializing.
- Maintain your personal pages/blogs/websites.
These are just few of the ways that I can immediately think of and I welcome all to suggest more ways if they have any...
Well here comes the action items:
Rails Groups & Forums: (For ruby enthusiasts)
http://workingwithrails.com/ (for ror professional)
Online Knowledge Base: